Monday, March 9, 2009

I appreciate the dedication; but seriously, you can take a week off, King.

I just realized today that Peter King still writes his MMQB column even though football season has long since ended, and nothing is really happening in the sport. Sure, he had a few quick points about TO signing with the Bills, but let's face it, nobody really cares about the Bills.

What else, then, did King use to fill his weekly football column? Well, a large chunk of it was dedicated to the hot scoop that his family is moving from Jersey to Boston, including an anecdotal Top Ten list of things he'll miss about Jersey. Awesome. I'm glad I know which of your neighbors helped you coach a U-10 girls softball team. Seriously, the column was a family newsletter. Save it for Twitter, King.

Although I did like the following (and rather miraculous) progression:

Page 3: "I will not miss moving. The pain. The humanity. The sore back."

Page 4: "Moving, at 51, has a certain energizing quality to it, and I'm excited."

No comments: