Monday, December 22, 2008

The Greg Oden of Blogging

As a regular reader, if there were a regular reader, would know, I have been posting only sporadically, especially compared to the incomparably prolific Archie Leach. 1. That will change. 2. It was the impetus for a funny exchange between Archie and myself as we tried to determine which NBA player I was the blogging equivalent of.

I opened with Brian Scalabrine, positing that I was much-rumored but little seen.

Archie responded that Scalabrine actually plays and, based on recent record, I was the Stephon Marbury of blogging.

Knowing that I had some good posts coming and not wanting to be tainted by association with Starbury, I proposed that I was actually the Greg Oden of blogging – around enough to show glimpses of promise before disappearing for an interminable length of time because of physical ailments. Of course, in my case the physical ailments are recovering from hangovers. It’s just an analogy.

And the analogy just got better as I am at least as marketable as the big man:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXbpB-rlung

No comments: