Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Jason Whitlock: Vol. 6

We haven't checked in on Whitlock in a while. Let's see what he thought about last night's Alamo Bowl, which was won by Missouri.

I’m sorry to rain on the parade scheduled for Columbia today to celebrate the 10-4 Tigers. But I expected more.

[Awww.]

Northwestern proved Missouri is a fraud.

[Ouch.]

The Tigers’ over-the-top celebration let us know that they know they’ve been overrated and overhyped, benefactors of Bill Snyder, cupcake scheduling.

[OK. Disappointed in the season. I get it.]

What should we call the Missouri Tigers?

[Ummm, overrated and overhyped?]

I’m not sure.

[Oh, OK. I just thought that you said....]

On a night when the Tigers should’ve simply thrown the ball to Chase Coffman 20 times, Mizzou’s big tight end caught seven passes for 67 yards.

["Thrown to" and "passes caught" are two different things. Just ask TO.]

We might one day remember Coffman as the Michael Jordan of college football and Christensen as Dean Smith. Christensen might be the only man capable of holding Coffman to fewer than 10 receptions a game.

[I was thinking the exact same thing.]

No comments: