Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Lake-Show is in trouble

Despite touting a robust 21-3 record, Bill Plaschke of the Los Angeles Times thinks the Lakers are missing something. Something magical.

The Lakers have lost that spark.

[21-3]

What happened?

[They win a lot?]

I found Kobe. I found Fish. I found the schedule. I found the kids.

[OK?]

I also found a guy who thinks this is all poppycock.

[So did I! I think that guy might be on to something...]

Here's what I found. Kobe Bryant Hasn't Pushed Them Yet.

[Seriously! If Kobe had be "pushing" them, they would probably be 22-2 right now!]

This is a team whose pulse can be directly measured by Bryant's heart rate....

[I'm pretty sure that only KOBE'S pulse can be directly measure by Bryant's heart rate. But keep going.]

Derek Fisher's and Jordan Farmar's Defense Hasn't Pushed Them Yet.

[What's with all the pushing?]

The Schedule Hasn't Pushed Them Yet.

[Yeah, c'mon schedule! Get more difficult so the Lakers will lose a few games and I will look like a genius for writing this "Lakers lack a spark" article.]

Teams get lazy at home and tough on the road.

[Lakers home record: 14-1. Lakers road record: 7-2. Sooo lazy.]

The Lakers are a sultry, splendid 21-3. Now if they'd only act like it.

[I vote that Kobe be the first Laker to start acting "sultry."]

1 comment:

Nils Nilsson said...

"I found Kobe. I found Fish. I found the schedule. I found the kids."

Plashke is half old dude with Alzheimers and half that guy from The Gardener from "Being There."

He is also quite sultry.