Thursday, November 20, 2008

See?!? I told you! See?!?

Remember in Monday's Peter King post when I had the following fake-exchange with Pete:

Tony Romo's presence, I'm convinced, helped the Dallas defense in Washington last night, too.

[Have you ever seen one of those "Footprints in the Sand" posters? Well did you know that, originally, those posters had nothing to do with Jesus at all? No, in fact, it's been Tony Romo carrying you this whole time....]


I bet that all of you thought I was just being sarcastic, right? Nope! Wrong! Turns out that I was right.

The Dallas Morning News reported on Wednesday that the Cowboys quarterback took a homeless man to the movies recently.

[YES! I love it when my jokes come in the form of soothsaying!]

The man, who goes by Doc, was outside a theater in in Dallas when a man came up and offered to pay his way to see a movie. Planning on passing out fliers for a consignment store across the street, Doc declined. But then he realized that he had just turned down Romo.

[I am pretty sure that "Doc" is Aramaic for "Moses," and that offering to pay for someone's ticket at the cinemas is the modern-day equivalent of setting a bush on fire ($10.50!! You can buy a new bush for that!).]

He ran across the street, asked for the day off and ran back to the theater. Romo and Doc ended up sitting together watching the movie "Role Model."

[Dudes who hand out fliers on street corners get vacation days?? And how do you think that conversation went? Here's my guess:

Doc/Moses: Hey, Boss, can I have the day off so that I can go to the movies with Tony Romo!?! Pleeeeease!?!
Boss: (laughing..... still laughing....) (Two and a half minutes later) You're fired.]

Romo reportedly also changed the tire of a couple on the way home the night of the season opener and showed up to a high school pep rally with actor Will Smith earlier this week.

[You're next, lepers!]

No comments: